Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Pro-Crass-Ti-Nation

I really want to do things, and in a timely way. I want to keep things going, too. But it's just so hard to keep up the momentum, sometimes, you know? It's just easier to erase the URL for the blog, so that you actually have to search for it. Then take months to do just that!

And then, by the title, I make a joke of it all. Isn't that just like me? It's hard to take things seriously, however, when I live in this nation where the most important thing being discussed -- right in the middle of Iran and Korea thinking about getting together to blow up the world -- in our wonderful Senate and House, at the personal request of our brilliant and charming President (points lower in the polls, too bad), is who cannot get married.

Okay, back to putting things off. Tea, a drink with jam and bread. I went to a tea tasting the other Sunday. It was a very good thing to do on a rainy day with a friend. It is amazing how fanatical people can get about little leaves, but there were a few differences that even my jaded palate (I was going to spell it "palette" or "pallet". Isn't that hilarious?) could tell some difference between some of the teas. The mother-daughter team had six different liquid flavors to taste and three different dried leaf combos in saucers to smell. Yummy.

Still putting things off, I'm finding it surprising how money is the measure of all things. Now that gasoline is so expensive that I had to get a second job (outside of just living, which is great hours but the pay is pretty lousy) to support tuition and transportation to classes in counseling in Santa Cruz, I'm finding more and more price tags on things that I thought were "gratis" or at least offered graciously. Oh well, if that's the way of the world, I think I would like to buy a ticket out of here, but it's too expensive.

As for the "pro" part of the title, I just feel that I have become quite polished and professional in my ability to put things off, so I consider myself a professional procrastinator. Ah, if only I could get paid what I'm worth for that!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

Salle,

Good to see you are still blogging! You are a good writer. On procrastination - we all do what we choose. How can we be unhappy?

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home