Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Am

I am the poet whose words, like arrows, fling
Images into the world, to land at the feet of
Men and pigs. Dogs cock their heads and
Listen to my poems. Birds sit still and blink
Their black-button eyes to hear my wit. Even
A cat can hold her tongue whilst mine is
Being exercised. I am the voice of spirit
And soul who gives each hearer knowledge
She is whole and full of promise. I am
That one who sings in voices that can be
Heard and understood by any language
Speaker, intuitively knowing the message
Is meant for him alone. I am the one who
Knows that each moment is pregnant with
Choice, and hopes for optimistic love to
Abound through. I am the one who mourns
The loss of hope in those who cannot see
Beyond the darkness they spew from within.
I am the leader to the path of change, knowing
That each and every one of us has choice,
And thereby more control than known. I am
The one who models attitude to the down-
Trodden and sore of bones and bread. I am
The one who brings life to the sad and dead
Survivors of abuse in this world with my
Words of joy and shouts of pain, connecting
With each spirit – that is only piece of spirit –
To make the light shine through. I am that one.


(c) 2006 Salle Hayden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home